In 0-110 MHz position, tuning range of
1. Display Screen with Graticule.
FREQUENCY control is extended to 110 MHz.
50-Ohm coaxial input connector.
Supplies power to active probe.
top of screen).
With LOG/Linear switch (25) set to LOG, lighted
index lamp refers matching dB graduation to top
b. LOGarithmic calibration (read from top
LOG REF line of graticule; for example, if -
LOG REF line towards bottom of screen).
30dBm and so serves as an absolute amplitude
c. Amplitude calibration reference. (Refer to
reference. With LOG/LINEAR switch set to
Items 15 and 26.)
LIENEAR, lighted index lamp indicates the
d. Center frequency of selected scan width.
e. Relative frequencies with respect to
per-division multiplier for calibrated voltage
readings. (blue marking).
2. Lights when relationship between scan time,
Provides a 30-MHz signal at -30dBm for
scan width, bandwidth, and video filtering is
amplitude calibration of spectrum analyzer.
3. Coarse-tunes analyzer center frequency.
4. Fine-tunes analyzer center frequency.
To prevent mixer burnout, attenuator
5. In TUNING STABILIZER position, first LO is
damage, or both, the RF INPUT level
automatically phase-locked to a reference
should never exceed 1.4 Vac peak or
crystal harmonic for scan widths of 20kHz/DIV
17. Provides penlift operation to HP 7005, 7035,
7. Indicates center frequency to which instrument
7004, 7034 and all new TTL compatible HP
recorders. Provides a banking input for external
8. Indicates per-division scan width.
scan mode operation. Provides an input for
9. Selects 0-100 MHz full-spectrum " reset" scan,
external trigger operation.
PER DIVISION SCAN as determined by setting
18. Detected video output proportional to vertical
of outer dial (8), or "ixed-frequency" receiver in
deflection on CRT.
ZERO scan position.
19. For receiving an external scan ramp or output
10. RF amplitude gain calibration.
coupling for the internally-generated scan ramp.
11. Attenuates input signal in 110-dB steps and
Input or output function determined by INT/EXT
lights one index lamp (15) for each of its six
positions of SCAN MODE switch.
positions. The left index lamp lights for 0 (zero)
20. Plus " " lights when logarithmic amplification
(25) is selected; times " " lights when linear
(25) ids selected.
With " "
thus, absolute amplitude calibration is
lighted, LOG REF lines (1c) is sum (black
numerals) of LOG REF LEVEL controls. With
12. Controls the tuning range of the FREQUENCY
control. In 0-11 MHz position tuning range of
the FREQUENCY control is limited to 11 MHz.
Figure 3-1. Spectrum Analyzer Controls, Indicators and Connectors