Blanking function also
per division absolute voltage amplitude (la) is product
persistence/storage display section.
(blue numerals) of LINEAR SENSITIVITY controls.
21. Adjusts vertical position and gain of trace.
33. Provides 1- and 10-volt, peak-to-peak, 60 Hz
22. Adjusts horizontal position and gain of trace.
These calibrated outputs must never
23. Indicates 1-dB increments for logarithmic
be used with the spectrum analyzer.
(These outputs are for use only with
to unity for linear amplification.
24. Selects scan trigger mode.
34. Makes base line parallel with the horizontal
25. Selects logarithmic or linear display mode.
26. Assuming that dB graduation (black numerals)
35. Adjusts brightness of CRT display.
matches position of lighted index lamp, LOG
REF graticule line indicates power level when
LOG/LINEAR (25) is set to LOG. With LOG/
Excessive brightness for a static or
LINEAR set to LINEAR, indicates per division
very slow moving trace may burn the
multiplier for calibrated voltage amplitude for
phosphor and permanently damage
whatever voltage graduation (blue numerals)
the CRT. This caution is applicable
matches position of lighted index lamp.
to both the fixed and variable
persistence/storage CRT; however,
27. Selects scan ramp mode. Ramp is internally
the latter is especially vulnerable to
generated for SINGLE/INT positions but it must
operational errors of this type.
be externally supplied for EXT position. (Refer
to Item 19).
36. Used with FOCUS control (37) to obtain
smallest spot with maximum roundness.
28. Press to initiate scan with SCAN MODE switch
set to SINGLE; press during scan to stop and
37. Focuses CRT beam.
29. Controls SCAN TIME.
38. Lights when line voltage
instrument is turned on.
30. May select 100 Hz, 10 kHz or OFF position of
low-pass filter for detected video.
39. Switches line voltage to instrument.
31. Lights for duration of each scan for SINGLE and
INT scan modes.
ins, intensifies and returns beam to CRT,
regardless of deflection potentials. When used
with 8550 series plug-ins, the beam finder has
32. Blanks lower part of trace to prevent
overexposure of photographs (due to high