41. Selects non-storage function.
47. Controls scan in MAN position of SCAN MODE
Use storage function when possible
to prevent damage to the CRT.
48. Selects LINEAR, 10 dB LOG or 2 dB LOG
display modes. To use 2 dB LOG, first find
signal using 10 dB LOG; display desired portion
42. Press to ERASE when in STD or FAST writing
in top 16 dB of screen, then switch to 2 dB LOG.
Top of screen (LOG REF) remains the same; -
70 dB line is now -14 dB (each major division is
43. Selects writing speed.
44. Varies time the trace is visible.
45. Selects storage time.
Do NOT make any VERTICAL GAIN or
POSITION adjustments in the 2 dB LOG
46. Press to store signal display. Storage time
(relative display brightness) in storage mode is
adjusted by Item 45.
Figure 3-1. Spectrum Analyzer Controls, Indicators and Connectors (cont' )