- Nonreparable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the item at the category of
maintenance shown in the third position of SMR Code.
- R e p a r a b l e item. W h e n uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at
organizational or aviation unit category.
- Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the
direct support or aviation intermediate category.
- Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at general
- Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and
disposal of item not authorized below depot category.
- Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below specialized repair activity
- Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g.,
precious metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to
appropriate manuals/directives for specific instructions.
c. FSCM (Column (3)). The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code which is
used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
d. Part Number (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of
its engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of
When you use a NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a
different part number from the part ordered.
Description and Usable on Code (UOC)(Column (5)). This column includes the following information.
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column (5) for a given
figure in both section II and section III.
f. Qty (Column (6)). Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration figure,
which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly, A "V" appearing in this column in
lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from application to application.
National Stock Number (NSN) Index.
( 1 ) Stock number column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN. When using this column to locate an item, ignore
the first four digits of the NSN. When requisitioning items use the complete NSN (13 digits).
(2) F i g . c o l u m n . This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
illustrations are in numerical sequence in sections II and III.