(3) I t e m c o l u m n . The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent Fig.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part Number Index. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphameric
This column lists the Federal supply code for manufacturer (FSCM).
(1) F S C M c o l u m n .
This column indicates the part number assigned to the item.
(2) Part number column.
(3) Stock number column. This column lists the National stock number for the associated part number and
manufacturer identified in the part number and FSCM columns to the left.
This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in sections
(4) Fig. column.
(5) I t e m c o l u m n . The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
5. Special Information
The publications listed below pertain to the AN/USM-488 and its components:
a. Associated Publications.
b. National Stock Numbers. National stock numbers (NSN'S) that are missing from P source coded items have
been applied for and will be added to this TM by future change/revision when they are entered in the Army
Master Data File (AMDF). Until the NSN'S are established and published, submit exception requisitions to:
Commander, US Army Communications-Electronics Command and Fort Monmouth, ATTN: AMSEL-MM, Fort
Monmauth, NJ 07703-5006 for the part required to support your equipment.
6. How to Locate Repair Parts
When National stock number or part number is not known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings
are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number noted on
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.