c. FSCM (Column (3)). The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code which is used
to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
NOTE: When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part
number from the part ordered, but go ahead and use or furnish it as the replacement part.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC)(Column (5)). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
f. QUANTITY (Column (6)). The quantity (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the
parts list which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly.
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National Item Identification Number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN
(i.e., 5305-01-674-1467 ). When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the
the complete NSN should be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIGURE column. Indicates the figure number used to identify each item appearing in the listing. The
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent figure
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each group in
order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) FSCM column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code used to
identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.