NOTE: When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part
number from the part ordered, but go ahead and use or furnish it as the replacement part.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the parts list
which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly.
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National Item identification Number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN
(i.e., 5305-01-674-1467 ). When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the
complete NSN should be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. column. Indicates the figure number used to identify each item appearing in the listing. The figures
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX . Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each group in
order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) FSCM column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5 digit numeric code used to
identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering
drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer
identified in the PART NUMBER and FSCM columns to the left. The part number line entry (with NSN, when available)
identifies the first figure/item number appearance for which the part number is applicable. The part number is not listed for
additional figure/item number appearances identified by that part number.