Replacement of these switches or the control is the reverse
of the removal procedure.
Replacing the Pilot Light
Unscrew the colored pilot light cover. Pull out the bulb
Removing the Cover to the Phase Lock Assembly
1. Remove the B band Mixer assembly by removing the
front panel mounting nut and washer for the assembly. Slide
the assembly to the rear, then lift out and position the assem-
bly so that it is clear of the cover.
Fig. 4-13. Removing
the TIME/DIV switch. Local oscillator assembly
removed to show the location of the mounting hardware.
2. Loosen the large barrel nut on the C band receptacle,
then disconnect the right angle Sealectro connector from the
diplexer. Remove the receptacle assembly. (A number of
After the assembly is remounted, it may be necessary to
turns are required to unscrew the barrel nut before the recep-
reposition the rocker arm linkage on the drive "shaft. This
tacle can be removed.)
can be done as follows: Loosen the set screws, slip the racker
arm cup over the switch SW365, then retighten the set screws.
3. Remove the knob and hardware for the MIXER PEAK-
ING control. Slip the control free.
4. Unlatch the IF control board assembly and lift the
Removing the SOURCE, SLOPE switch and LEVEL
assembly board up out of the way.
5. Remove the 5 cover screws. Disconnect the cables to
1. Remove the CRT assembly.
J34 and J80 of the filter assemblies. Disconnect the sub-
miniature connector to J10 of the band A Mixer assembly.
2. Remove the knobs and the LEVEL control mounting nut
6. Slide the Phase Lock assembly cover to the rear and
lift up and out until it clears, then turn the cover to the side
3. Use a flexshaft-drive socket wrench to loosen the switch
to gain access to the inside of the box. Voltage measure-
ments may now be taken after insuring that there are no
electrical shorts at the pin connector to the Honeycomb
4. Lift the switches and/or the LEVEL control out of the