the pin connectors. If the connectors are grasped near the
ponent can then be correctly soldered in its place, Observe
wire end by a pair of needle nose pliers, their removal
or installation is relatively easy.
ing Techniques later in this section.
The interconnecting wires to the boards are sufficiently
Removal of the High Voltage Compartment
long that the boards may be loosened and re-positioned
for troubleshooting without disconnecting the pin connectors.
Components in the high voltage compartment can be
The procedure for removing these circuit board assemblies
removed far maintenance or replacement as follows:
is as follows:
1. Remove the two mounting screws and high voltage
1. Remove the mounting screws holding the board in posi-
shield over the compartment.
2. Slide the high voltage components out of the plastic
2. Slip the cable out of the delrin cable clamps if the
compartment and replace as necessary.
IF board is to be removed.
3. Reverse the procedure for replacing the high voltage
3. Disconnect the necessary pin connectors to allow the
board to be lifted and turned as required for maintenance.
4. If complete removal is desired, remove all the pin con-
Removing the Honeycomb Assembly
nectors and soldered leads.
1. Remove the six (6) nuts and washers that hold the IF
5. To replace the board, reverse the removal procedure.
ATTENUATOR dB switches at the front panel assembly.
Correct wire and pin connections for each circuit board
2. Remove the chassis mounting screw and grounding
Make certain the pin connectors are perpendicular with
lug located at the outside rear end and loosen the inside
the pins when connecting to prevent bending or spreading
Vertical Amplifier circuit board with wiring color code to pin connectors.